Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas



Just wanted to make a quick update to say Merry Christmas to everybody who celebrates Christmas! And if you don't celebrate it, then change "Christmas" to whatever holiday you currently celebrate, as "happy holidays" is such a milquetoasty thing to say. Sorry, super PC people out there: YOU'RE BORING.

Last night Lily and I went to the midnight Christmas Eve service at St John's near our flat, and it was really nice. I'm not a member of any church but I do think I succeeded in not embarrassing myself too badly. We sang carols and I went up for a blessing during Communion. The sermon was also really great; he totally spoke in favor of the Occupy movement, which I thought was pretty amazing, and not something I would have expected in a church service. We so often forget about true Christian values, when there are so many "Christians" who speak nothing but hate and stand for nothing but greed. And that's a shame. Anyway it was a really peaceful, moving way to start my Christmas.

That said, I hope you all have an amazing rest of your holiday, and enjoy your Boxing Day as well! ♥

No comments: