Monday, June 2, 2014

Hello Summer I Guess


I feel like this is one of the first times in a long time that I might be embracing summer. In fact it might be the first time since the days when I was in high school and did nothing all summer but sleep 'til noon and borrow my mom's debit card to buy smoothies and stay up 'til 2:00 am watching video countdowns on VH1 with Rose. I'm excited about buying summer clothes, which is so ridiculous. And I'm excited about such summery things? Such as: drinking margaritas outside in the sun, attending BrewFest, barbecuing, acquiring a bike, biking to bars in the evenings, the Mississippi/Belmont/Alberta street fairs, long evenings, and iced coffee. I realize most of these involve alcohol consumption. No, grandpa, I don't have a drinking problem.

As a related aside, I just spent $80 on these wedge sandals at Macy's yesterday, which is possibly the most money I've ever spent on a pair of shoes that I can recall, and really says something about my relationship with summer at the moment. Like, okay summer, I get you. I feel you. I'm gonna let you into my life, mmk, but on the condition that I do it while wearing $80 sandals. (They are very comfy FYI.)

I just have a feeling it's going to be a good summer. It's kicking off next week with Denver Comic Con, which is gonna be killa. Even though my cosplay is going to be so, so half-assed because I'm not even near finished with it and I leave for Denver next Thursday. It's okay, that's what the weekend is for, right? Right? ...If anyone has a good pattern for an infinity scarf/hood combo, let me know. I need one to modify for this dumb cosplay. Why oh why did I choose the most difficult costume of all time to make by hand. Why. But no matter. I'll pull it all together at the last minute, as I always do. DCC! I'm coming for you!

And even though it's still very light outside, I now have to turn off the lights and try to sleep. The one crappy thing about working at 6:00 am. Okay one of the many crappy things, the main one being that I have to work at 6:00 am.

No comments: