Thursday, July 15, 2010

French Fries

So, after taking a ton of outfit shots and discovering that most of them came out overexposed, blurry, or just plain unflattering, I decided I didn't want to subject the internet to such a disaster. Greg did a wonderful job photographing me, I really just don't like how my outfit turned out today. It was one of those things where it looked way better in the mirror. Oh well! Tomorrow I'll try again.

Anyway, in lieu of real outfit photos, have a picture of me with my 4th of July french fries instead:


Om nom nom french fries! I actually made some homemade fries last night (the ones pictured are definitely store-bought), but they turned out more like floppy potato slices. Oh well, they still tasted great dipped in ketchup. Maybe I'll try again sometime, and cut the slices smaller. I think that's the key to crispy fries.

Anybody know any good recipes for french fries? Or just any good recipes, period?

3 comments:

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

French Fries can be kind of tough. It's the double frying that gets them so crispy on the outside.
A personal favourite (super easy) is home made, baked kipfler chips.
Simply cut into quarters lengthways, sprinkle with a little olive oil, salt and pepper (maybe a little garlic and rosemary if you're feeling fancy) and roast. They're more the size of wedges really but they're super tasty and easy.

Flashes of Style said...

I love the stripes! And those fries look so yummy :)

adventures of a mad scientist said...

Agreeing with garlic/rosemary. They remind me of Smash Fries from Smashburger.

Thyme and/or parsley also works. Or sliced sweet potato fries? Those are pretty yum, too.