Monday, July 19, 2010

Now I'm Posed In An Awkward Stance


Oh boy! So there are a few gradual changes going on here on ye olde blog. Firstly, as you can see, I've been playing with the header image. The original argyle-print header was meant to be temporary, a place-holder until I got off my lazy bottom and actually got around to drawing a header image. Which, finally, I did! It was quite the struggle getting the hang of my Wacom tablet again (and I'm still very rusty), but so rewarding. Check out my DeviantArt gallery for more awkwardly-rendered digital art.










I'm wearing: Old Navy romper and t-shirt, Target suede boots, Wet Seal belt (from a skirt).

Wow, so this outfit. I'm not sure what I think of it. I've been wanting to wear it for a while now, but never got around to it until now. I'm kind of wishing I'd never gotten 'round to it, though, as it has become apparent to me that this romper is severely unflattering. It shows off my legs and hides my waist, which is admittedly the opposite of what I want my clothes to do. And then paired with the boots, it makes my legs look like little stumps. Sigh. Oh well, it can't be helped! There has to be at least one dud outfit in every bunch. At least I don't hate it, I just feel rather like a shapeless sack.

It didn't help that Greg made fun of my posing during our shoot today! I couldn't stop laughing, and it made me all self-conscious and awkward (more so than usual). He said I do the same "bend the knee, look down" pose every time... and it's true! How embarrassing to have one's formulaic outfit poses pointed out. I suppose it's just an innate need to look elegant, streamlined, and skinny, which is in itself somewhat silly. Why do I feel the need to assume unnatural stances in order to look "better"? Why not just slouch and glare at the camera like I usually do when walking about on my own? I'm not sure anybody would want to look at those photos, for one thing. I can tell you, I'm a huge sloucher. I've a long torso, so it's hard for me to hold my long bendy spine up in a straight line for very long. All you long-torso'd people will agree! It's a pain. Perhaps my poses are all an attempt to make my legs look longer, my torso shorter, my arms leaner? Apologies, Greg, but I will continue to adopt these ridiculous poses, regardless of your mockery! So there.

3 comments:

Passport Smiles said...

I have those boots, but had to leave them in France because I bought too much there :(

I love the new look and header image.

About posing...eek! it's so hard. I do much better in front of a tripod.

Shelby said...

you drew that! great job!

Anonymous said...

Can I just say what a comfort to uncover a person that genuinely
understands what they're discussing on the internet. You actually know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people really need to read this and understand this side of your story. I can't
believe you're not more popular because you surely have the gift.

Here is my website Chapter 13 bankruptcy Florida