Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 3 With Mom



Today my mom and I went to the Japanese Garden, and the International Rose Test Garden, which are just across the street from each other essentially. They were both so beautiful and tranquil (aside from the occasional screaming child, ugh), which was good, because I got bad news about a job I really wanted right as we arrived at the gardens. Therefore I apologize for my depressed gaze in most of these photos. I wasn't feeling quite up to smiling for photos. It was nice to be with my mom in such a beautiful place, though.

















I'm wearing: F21 dress, Target shoes, Urban Outfitters backpack.


Now my perfect boyfriend is going to make us fried rice for dinner! We're so excited -- it's pretty much his specialty. Om nom nom.


11 comments:

Kelly said...

Aww.. this looks like a great place to spend with your mom. It looks very peaceful and beautiful!

<3 Kelly

Heather said...

Sorry to hear about the job! :(

On a happy note, you and your mom are adorable! Glad you're having fun :)

kate maggie said...

Im so sorry to hear about the job, but chin up buttercup, something better will come along! You and your mum look like you are having so much fun together. I love how you have posted the last three days, it makes me feel like I have been on the adventure with you guys :) And tell your boyfriend to make me some fried rice (its my favorite!) Have a great rest of your day sweet pea. x

Catherine said...

Aw, they are stupid not to give you the job. Their loss, right? I love all these pictures with your mom, it looks like you guys had such fun and that dress is soooo cute! I agree with Kate Maggie, have some fried rice (one of my favorite foods)!

The Girl in the Paper Dress

Lulu and her whimsical ways! said...

don't worry honey, keep going - I have been in the same position before - just need to persevere!

You look so cute, despite the slightly sullen gaze - I love all your dresses! xx

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

looks very sweet

ATTITUDEINABUNDANCE said...

I love the dress, hairs looking lovely too :)

Again, some great pictures.

www.purelovefashionn.blogspot.com xx

Helen said...

That sucks about the job. SUCKS! You'll get something soon chica xx

Anonymous said...

reading about your days with your mom and running all over Portland reaaaalllly makes me want to go back!! sigh*

Unknown said...

Sorry about the job :( I'm sure a way more awesome opportunity will pop up for you soon :)
If it's any consolation, you look lovely in these photos :)

Victoria said...

Awwww, glad you've has a great time with your mum and I love you 'Mom posts' :) xxx