Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Favor to Ask

Hey guys, I know I've been spamming you today; I apologize. However, I promised that I would get this up tonight, and I like to keep my promises.

Thing is, I have a favor to ask of you guys. It's actually for my darling friend Nikki, of Snailbird.com. She and her girlfriend run the site I Love Rescue Animals, a website dedicated to, in their words, "celebrating rescued animals, supporting shelters, rescues and animal rights groups and to animal welfare worldwide." I think this is such a great cause to support, and not just because my friend runs the site! Go check them out, and admire Nikki's amazing web design and artistic skills while you're at it.

Now, the favor. I Love Rescue Animals has been nominated for a Petties 2010 award, and they've already made it to the final four. Thing is, there's some pretty steep competition, and they don't quite have the following that some of the other nominated blogs have. So I said I'd ask my readers to go and vote for them in the Petties.

All you need to do to vote is go here, and select I Love Rescue Animals under the Best Cause Related Blog category. It doesn't matter what other blogs you vote for, but Nikki suggested PawCurious.com (Pet Blog), Boulderdog.net (Dog Blog), and SparkleCat.com (Cat Blog).

It only takes a few seconds to vote, you just need to enter your email address and that's it. Nikki and I would really appreciate it, and so would the rescue animals. Thanks, guys!

Back to your regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.

15 comments:

Ebony Arwen said...

Done :)

Signe said...

Done!

Amber Schmidt said...

Done:)

Helen said...

Done <3 I volunteer at a dog shelter and it's the most rewarding thing ever.

Lulu and her whimsical ways! said...

ok I voted yes, had to vote for other 3 too to vote for yours but chose them by random eek! x

Jasmine said...

Voted ! :)

Nikki said...

You are the bestest and I love you!

And thank you for voting for us everyone! You guys all rock! <3

Bea said...

Done! I would gladly help out your friend. I love animals! :)

Bea from A plus B

Lauren said...

Voted! My own dog is a rescue, so it's always great to help the cause.

genevieve said...

For some reason the name "paw curious" cracked me up. Anyway, done! Like Lauren, my dog's a rescue, so how could I not?

Heather said...

I voted! :)

Laura Sue said...

Done!

kate maggie said...

Done and done! What a great cause, your freinds are rock stars - thanks for sharing this with us! x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely doing it! :) Good spam! Oh & Scott Pilgrim rocked my world!! Loved it! x

Inez said...

Love your top! <3