Thursday, October 18, 2012

Outfit no. 15

Cardi and belt: New Look, dress: c/o Fashion Culprit, tights: Target (gift), necklace: Topshop, shoes: ASOS, hat: H&M, glasses: Ray-Ban

The moment I saw this oversized cardi in New Look last winter, I knew it was to be mine! I didn't buy it the first time I saw it, but right before heading up to Edinburgh for Christmas I popped in and picked this up, as well as another woolly jumper for extra holiday warmth. I ended up wearing this cardi basically the whole time I was in Edinburgh, and it kept me cozy and happy! (See my posts about Edinburgh here and here, if you're so inclined.) Now when it's particularly cold I automatically crawl into this cardi, or the one from Lewes (yes I'm linking to a bunch of my old posts, in the vain hope that people will be interested to see posts from my UK adventures). Thick warm jumpers are the best.

I just got this dress in the mail from Fashion Culprit, who were generous enough to send it to me! I really love the sheer sleeves it's got going on, but I wish the attached slip were longer -- see how terrifyingly short it is?? Epic thigh revealage. Even so, it's pretty much a staple LBD and I've been needing one of those for ages. I do wish their site had more items for sale. It seems rather new, and the shirt I originally wanted sold out before they were able to send it. I'm excited to see what new items for fall show up there in the coming months, though!


I'm starting to get a few PR emails here and there about blog collaborations with companies, and I feel like I want to discuss that here a little bit. I definitely want to be open and honest about what items I receive from sponsors, and what (if any) content in my blog is sponsored. I'm actually going to be doing a sponsored blog post for a company pretty soon here, and I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts on that sort of thing. Personally I think it's awesome that I'm being compensated for my work, because I do spend hours putting posts together, commenting on other blogs, promoting myself, etc. If you're a blogger, you know it takes a lot of effort! So I'm super excited to feel like I'm being compensated, even in a small way, for the love and work I put into my blog. I never had a problem with the idea of "selling out," and I'm not worried that I'll lose my voice if I start working with companies more and more. But I don't want to piss you guys off, since up until now I never had any c/o items (except the shoes I got from Blowfish for writing for their blog last year), and I never made any effort to court companies who could give me free stuff. 

ANYWAY I guess I just wanna be super up front about it all! If everyone is like "I HATE YOU WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS" I'll probably continue to do it, because like I said, this blog is like another part-time job almost. It drains a lot of my time! And I enjoy being paid to work. So there's that.

But enough serious talk! You guys, it's Hallow's End on WoW! Spooky fun for all! WELL excited to go do some holiday quests. I have yet to get the Hallowed title, so I think it's time this year! x


No comments: