Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Whoopie Pies With Mom


Many apologies for the prolonged absence -- my mom was visiting from Montana for a few days and I took a break from the blog to spend more time with her. I was so excited to show her our new apartment and go shopping and everything! We didn't get matching cardigans, but we did make these AMAZING pumpkin whoopie pies (recipe here).

I've been wanting to try making whoopie pies for a while now, and since my mom is an incredible baker, I thought it would be fun to make them together! They turned out so good, but you guys... they are so disgustingly bad for you! I had to stay home today due to a sick stomach, and I have a suspicion that the whoopie pies are to blame. We ate way too many of them over the weekend; there are only three left, and we started out with about a dozen. In the frosting alone there's 8 oz of cream cheese, 3 cups of powdered sugar, and a whole stick of butter! And then the cookies themselves have 2 cups of brown sugar in. I couldn't even finish the first one I ate, they're so heavy. But so good.

If you guys end up making these, don't go crazy like we did and decide to make them bigger than recommended! We were like "ONE TABLESPOON IS TOO SMALL" so we made them huge, and they are quite difficult to eat. But clearly it's possible, as we ate like 10 of them.

I'm sad that my mom has gone back to Montana, but we'll be visiting her for Christmas next month so it won't be too long! Sadly we won't be able to bring the XBox with us in order to sate her new addiction to Peggle.

No comments: