Saturday, April 13, 2013

Outfit no. 63

Skirt and hat: H&M, shirt: F21, blazer: Old Navy (super old), bag: Primark, shoes: c/o GoJane, necklace: Zara, glasses: Ray-Ban

Hello! It's been a few days. In all honesty I just haven't had the inclination to blog, and have been more interested in wallowing in my own self-pity this week. But after a discussion with Greg (aka a lengthy scolding), I've realized that I need to be writing daily, as it's truly what keeps me happy and feeling fulfilled as a person. 

So I've had a bit of a personal breakthrough, and am working on some minor-ish revisions on my novel, and once that's done I'll start querying agents with a vengeance once again. You can only hear so many rejections before you feel like a hack. And yes, there are multiple agents reading my manuscript at the moment, but that doesn't mean they'll love it. It's a very difficult, soul-crushing, terrible business, shopping your novel! Oh well, I'm surviving, and hopefully all of this will lead to something good.


Anyway, outfit! I wore this to go for a latte and a cheeky shop at Fashion Place Mall, because they have a Sephora. I've recently become interested in makeup, which I never was before, and last weekend I spent a ridiculous amount of money on some simple basics at Sephora. Well I decided that I needed to try a couple things from Clinique that I'd been seeing around on blogs and such, so I picked up their Almost Lipstick in Black Honey today, as well as one of their Chubby Sticks for eyes in Ample Amber (although I had to get that at Nordstrom, as they were sold out at Sephora!). I'm in love with both already. I've been trying to find the right everyday lip color, and while I have a few that I love, I feel like they're a bit too crazy for work, so I usually put them on after, or just wear them on the weekends. This Almost Lipstick seems like a pretty good match to what I had in mind for day-to-day lip color, and I'm super excited! I'd do a review of it or something, but I'm such a newcomer to makeup and I fear I'd just muck it up.

What makeup do you guys swear by? Is there a new thing you'd like to try, or are you committed to your look? I'm curious to hear from other girls about their makeup because I'm still like "what the fuck is primer and why do I need it." Honestly what is primer and why do I need it?


No comments: