Sunday, March 25, 2012

Some Scribbles

    

It's art time! I hadn't drawn anything for ages, mostly due to the fact that I'm a full-time grad student and I don't really have a life to speak of, and when I do have free time I spend it inhaling Skittles and watching Grimm and Once Upon A Time and crying, but finally I decided I needed to get these silly dudes' visages down on paper (as it were). It helps me to write when I have a nice visual to refer to, and of course it's easy to draw characters when you've already started to write about them. Plus I just love drawing my OCs, much to the dismay of my DeviantArt account, which never gets views or comments unless I'm posting Harry Potter fanart. Sadface.

Anyway, the characters! Cecily is a harpist, and the Duke is her patron (i.e. classy pimp). I could go into more detail but you know how weirdly secretive I am about this novel. They live in a world of snow and ice where it's always winter. Think The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe but with even more Turkish Delight. There's a bunch of clockwork stuff involved, and Cecily is a haughty snob and a half, and the Duke is an embittered wine snob with a bone to pick with the world. Together they are a formidable team of brooding, bitching, and looking down their noses at everyone. I love them!

Now just wait 'til I draw Nyle, the psychopathic cellist with delusions of grandeur.

No comments: