Thursday, May 22, 2014
Six Tiny Updates
God, I feel like so much has happened since I last blogged. Even though not much has, really, except life. I'm 28 now, and I keep forgetting. It feels like I was 27 for about 5 minutes, and now I'm 28? I'm gonna be 30 before I can blink, and I really can't handle that.
Since so many things have happened, and so many things are going on in my head, here is a list to help me sort it out and convey it in a vaguely organized way:
1. Sportsball! I now own four Blazers shirts, one pair of Blazers earrings, and a light-up foam thingy from the Blazers game that I went to last Monday with Rose. We got free tickets from my friend Mario, who is incredible and who we still owe a fabulous thank-you gift, because our seats would have been $450 each had we paid for the tickets. It was an incredible experience, and I will never forget my first Blazers game, which they won! It was the best late birthday gift ever.
2. Mom came to visit! She arrived last Thursday and stayed until Monday evening. We ate delicious food (Indian, Thai, mac & cheese), drank mango margaritas, and talked about important life things. I love my mom, and I love that we can cry together and talk about really meaningful personal things, and then watch a romantic comedy and bond over Matthew Goode's hotness. It made me so happy to share my new Portland existence with one of the people who helped make it possible for me to stay here. Thank you for everything, Mom!
3. Only Lovers Left Alive. It is the greatest movie. Tilda Swinton and Tom Hiddleston as a vampire couple; that is all you need to know. I adored it.
4. Dad came to visit! It was briefer than my mom's stay, and he came with his girlfriend, so I didn't get to see as much of him as I would have liked, but it was still so great to sit and talk about adulty things with him. Now that I'm in my late twenties I feel like I can finally begin to relate to my parents as fellow adults instead of authority figures. My dad still dads out on me sometimes by demanding that I visit the doctor when I'm feeling ill, for example (which turned out to be good advice because I had strep throat), but it's nice to feel like we're two adults having brunch and not a grumpy kid being dragged on an outing with her father.
5. I love working downtown so much you guys! Last week a couple times I just went and sat in Pioneer Square during my lunch break, watching the people go by, and it was perfect. Portland makes me so happy, and I'm still so excited that I never have to leave again if I don't want to! I'll never get tired of it.
6. I have a leetle crush! Am I going to tell you who it is? No. But y'know it's the first time I've had an actual thing for someone since I've been single. And it's super fun, if extremely nerve-wracking, because boys.
I could go on, but 6 is my lucky number so I'm gonna leave it at 6. I want to talk about the cosplay I'm working on, and the workshopping of my novel in recent weeks, but those are both topics that I want to seriously ramble about so I'll write about them later. AKA probably never. But a girl can dream.