Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Video Game Gods



BRIGHT NAILS BRIGHT FINGERNAILS GRAAHH.

I am debating very heatedly with myself over whether or not I need this iPhone case in my life. I mean... can you think of any reason why I would not need one? I'd be worried the li'l thingy at the top would break off, and $40... so spendy! Still, pretty much the coolest iPhone case I've yet seen.









I'm wearing: H&M top and necklace, F21 skirt and jacket (the latter via eBay), Claire's earrings.


So what do we think of the new Dante? Disclaimer! I haven't actually played any of the Devil May Cry games, but I watched Greg play one of them once for like... a while. So clearly my opinion counts here, but honestly you guys. Dante is amazing, he's ridiculous and hammy and a total tool-bag but he is badass and hot and he's supposed to look like this hot piece, not some emo creeper with a lookbook.nu haircut! Seriously, video game gods. Why do you punish us?

To make myself (and you?) feel better, let's take a look at some reasons why the video game gods love us. (Also I just like Dragon Age 2 eye candy, sue me.)








A lot of these mofos sure have glowy eyes. Silly glowy eyes!

Yeah this blog post has become a pile of nothingness, interspersed with random photos. OH WELL what else is my blog, if not that?

Hey so everyone who lives in the UK and reads my blog and wants to meet up this fall when I move there: you should email me! I want to get to know you guys. I know Rachel already emailed me, and I owe her a reply (and have owed one for weeks now), but I want to meet you awesome doodz on that tiny island over there. If you want to, go ahead and poke me at white.duck@gmail.com! I'd love to ask you dumb questions about the UK.

And I think I'm done now.


17 comments:

JennaStevie said...

Ohhh I love the skirt and top together, they look very lovely. Perfect colour combination! And the jacket is such a great piece on top.
xJennaD

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

please give me facial expression lessons to me. I always look sad or bored in my photos. :: sigh ::

I can't show this to my husband. . .he played all the Devil May Cry games and will start spending hours and hours ignoring me while playing it if I tell him about it hahahahaha.

Amber said...

I am not familiar with the Devil May Cry, I am more a Sims kinda lady. Anyhoo, cute outfit, love the pigtails, wish I lived in the UK so I could be cool and email you with a bunch of neato info on the UK but I live in lame wad CT, end of ramble.

genevieve said...

Meg, I'm pretty sure there are two things you have with you every day: your arm, and your cell phone. Considering that you have the opportunity to make those two must-have accessories match, I'd say it's 40$ well spent! LOVE that skirt!

The Semi Sweet said...

You seriously look so cute!! And I wish I could relate to the gaming thing, but I've never ever owned a gaming system. I'm lame, I know:) But I did enjoy watching the youtube video Leeroy Jenkins!!! Haha!! I hope you've seen it.

Kellie said...

OBVIOUSLY you need that Iphone case!! :D I'm so pissed off that no one makes cute Doctor Who cases for Iphone 3. When I got my phone last month, I was most excited about getting a Dalek case, but they apparently don't exist for older models. Boooo. :/

Vickie Laliotis said...

You look adorbs! And if you don't buy that iPhone case you'll regret it... Trust me. It was practically MADE for you!!! And yes to a cobblestone/gelato co-adventure... But only if you bring snacks :p

Opal Wells said...

i'm so envious of your european trip! mine won't come until next year but it will be my first time out of the country and I believe it will be well worth the wait.

Mixing a tiered ruffle skirt with a tiered ruffle blouse is nothing I would ever image together but you rock this so hard.

Heather, 29 Skirts said...

Your photos are always so cool! I know naught about gaming (well, the more recent video games), but I love your ruffled pink and blue combo here. That iPhone case is awesome and since it's something you'll be carrying around every day...why not spend $40 on it? Haha, I know I'm not helpful, but that's pretty much how I justify spending a lot on haircuts.

adventures of a mad scientist said...

I own DMC 1-3, but only played through half of 4. 2 was easily the best in terms of "LOOK AT ME I AM GOING TO BOUNCE AROUND AND JUGGLE MONSTERS WITH MAH GUNS," but button-mashing does get old (and tiring) after a while. I mean, don't get me started on how many controllers I've ruined since I was 5.

I MIGHT get 5, but I have enough stuff to play through.

Also, if you think Dante is a tool, wait till you see Virgil in 3...fucking. douchenozzle.

ellie estrada said...

Gorgeous! i love everything about this outfit! <3 FOOLOWED. hope you can follow as well <3

http://onthefword.blogspot.com

PS. i think you should get the case :)

Brighton Peach said...

Get it, it's too cool not to. I am considering buying an iphone to justify a Cath Kidston case, which is madness I know.

Where and what are you studying? You should defo. go to Cardiff- home of Doctor Who (as I'm sure you are already aware) :) x

LittleMissLee said...

looking fab as always and I think you defo need that iphone case - its awesome!

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

xxx

Katrina said...

I love that skirt! Blue, ruffles, yay.

Also, how could you NOT get that phone case?! I have hereby justified that purchase just by saying so. You're welcome. ;)

x said...

love your outfit, the skirt is sooo cute :)))

Alexandra said...

cool blog girl!!
xxx
check out mine too?

Kirstin said...

Your face in the last photo is priceless, love it! Your skirt looks so awesome with the leather jacket. I enjoy how you took something girly/sweet and toughened it up with a leather jacket!