Saturday, October 5, 2013

Improvements


Well hello again! It's been a while. As you can see from the above photo of Ashleigh and me at Salt & Straw, things are improving here in Meg Land. I mean, obviously; look at that cinnamon snickerdoodle ice cream. It has big chunks of snickerdoodle in it. I KNOW. I know.

Seriously though, things are really looking up. I got a job, which is a huge relief! It is admittedly the same job I had when I lived in Portland two years ago, but I'm super grateful that they took me back, because I have to pay bills somehow, guys. This means above all that I get to stay in Portland, as long as I want, and I am so happy about that. It's all I've wanted for the past two years and now here I am, back home again, and so goddamn glad! Every day I have to remind myself that I'm not dreaming and I'm really here. It feels pretty fucking good.

I may still be living out of garbage bags and sleeping on an inflatable mattress, but who cares! That will all change soon. I can't wait to start my life here in Portland. And honestly, in the past month+ that I've been here, I've had more fun and enjoyed life more than I did in a whole year in Salt Lake City. I've been really sad, and depressed a lot of the time, but when I'm happy I'm happy; not some detached numb half-happy that I felt in Utah most of the time. 

Hopefully I'll start blogging regularly again soon. Thanks for sticking around through all of this, guys! I love you so much.

No comments: