Monday, June 28, 2010

Black & White & Red





I'm wearing: ModCloth top, Old Navy skirt, F21 belt, Aldo shoes, vintage watch-bracelet.

Today's outfit was built around the shirt. I ordered it a while ago, before we moved to Portland, but I haven't worn it out yet. It's a pretty crazy-awesome shirt, but the style and the graphic's colors make it hard to style. It has these baggy dolman 3/4 sleeves, and a long tunic length. I'd been trying to layer it over skirts and shorts, to no avail. Finally I gave up and tucked it into a skirt, and voila! Instantly liked it. Problem is, you can't see the entire graphic, which is a godzilla-like monster saying something in Japanese. But, y'know, you get the idea. Whatever. I also rolled up the sleeves a bit, as they're a bit long for summer weather as-is.




Also, pardon the cut-off feet in some of these! Greg wasn't into photos today, so I took these myself with an awkwardly propped camera and the self-timer. I think they came out pretty well, considering!

Last night I watched Julie & Julia, as per my mom's recommendation. It was a sweet movie, cute and mildly touching. The cooking and food scenes were the highlight for me, though. At the end of the movie all I wanted to do was slow-cook a roast, or try to poach some eggs, or really anything to do with rich food and cooking.

The reason I'm writing about the movie, however, is not to talk about food! It's to talk about the one thing about the movie I loved, which was the character Julie's journey from being an unpublished "writer", to starting a blog, to becoming fulfilled and successful in what she did. She put so much time and effort into her cooking, it nearly took over her life. I was so inspired by this. I'm just the type of person who doesn't spend hours each day doing the same thing; I don't put every ounce of my energy into achieving my goals. And I really should. I don't like being the kind of person who craps out halfway through. Y'know? I'm sure you'd all love to hear me go on and on about this (and I could), but suffice to say, I have a newfound determination to finish a novel once and for all! Stay tuned. I'll be a best-selling author one of these days.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this outfit. The shirt, the shoes...everything. Im following your blog. Its so great.

Laura Sue said...

Now you know why I recommended Julie and Julia! I thought you would find it inspiring, plus Julie sort of reminded me of you. REALLY liking your hair like that!!!!

Wendy said...

So cute! I adore your oxfords!

Sara Bow said...

totally love your outfit!


Cute shoes :D



X

Balkan Couture

JOWY said...

A.W.E.S.O.M.E OUTFIT!

One Love,
Jowy
www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

I love all of your accessories - especially the belt! Killer!

xx rk

StudioSwag.blogspot.com

Annie, Time Enough for Drums said...

Belt and shoes!!!

Viv said...

great outfit, love the accessories and shoes :)


myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

I love this look! The t-shirt is so great! I also love Julie and Julia. I actually think I might go pop it in right now! ;) xo

Anonymous said...

Oh my,I WANT everything in this outfit! the shoes are SO cool and i love oversized shirts with waist skirts blahblah lovely :D

Jess the Chipster said...

i want every item in this outfit - lovee.

OddSoul Designs by Afura Fareed said...

your style is so darn cute! I love your blog!

Passport Smiles said...

I really love the shirt and the shoes! I'm into tucking t-shirts into high-waisted skirts these days. I feel it's the only way I can wear them without looking frumpy!

Teresa said...

Wah! I want your shoes!