Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hump Day


I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't think anything ever gets fully dry in Portland. I'm inside in the warmth, drinking a caffeine free Coke Zero (why didn't I ever think to buy these before??), and wearing my fuzzy slippers and I still feel damp. To be fair, it is raining. It is raining a lot. And I love the rain, but sometimes it's nice to be dry or whatever, y'know.

It's been a long week. I know it's only Wednesday, but it's still been a long week. I kept thinking it was Thursday today, and when you get ahead of yourself like that you know it's never a good sign. I finally started watching House of Cards last night, though! I only got through an episode and a half before I had to go to bed, but I'm already super excited to watch more. BREAKING: Kevin Spacey is great.

Tomorrow night I'm going to see Her with Rose, Megan, et al. I've heard mostly good things about it, from people whose opinions I trust, so I'm optimistic! I do love Joaquin Phoenix. And I love future hipsters, so it seems like I'll maybe like this movie. Have any of you seen it? Is it as quirkily heart-warming as it looks? No spoilers!

And finally, I just discovered the wonders of this. I was never a big fan of Greek yogurt, but omguh so good I am totally going to eat these forever and ever because noms. It is really easy to entice me with dark chocolate, it turns out.

Finally finally, I'm really feeling the gaming withdrawals lately. I spent most of my day today fending off WoW daydreams, specifically the Freya fight in Ulduar? Because why? It was a horrible fight? And yet... I miss the stress of raiding. I miss gaming. I considered buying an Xbox 360 but then I realized I didn't have a TV. I have a computer monitor and no desktop to go with it. Is there a way to hook speakers up to a monitor? Or to the Xbox? Help I'm a giant noob and want to play Dragon Age forever and ever until I die under a mountain of Cheeto crumbs.

No comments: