Sunday, February 16, 2014

Women I Love


Sometimes it still doesn't seem real that I'm back in Portland. I've been here for almost six months and I still get little thrills at random moments, remembering that I'm here. I didn't realize how important it is to be around close girl friends until I didn't have any for a year. Being able to see Rose and buy weird cat/dog mom sweaters together in Christmas colors, whenever I want, is never going to get old. We've been friends since 5th grade, and it's so awesome that we've stayed so close for all this time, and I'm over the moon about living so close to her.

I was thinking a while ago that if my high school self could have envisioned the perfect life for my future 27-year-old self, this would pretty much be it. I'm in a city I love with so many people who I love, and pursuing the things that matter to me. Coming back to Portland was the best decision I've ever made, and it feels like it was meant to be. I found a job I really like, a place to live with an amazing housemate, and an awesome writing group. Things just super worked out, and I'm so happy about that!

This weekend I spent a lot of time talking with women who I love, trust, and whose thoughts I value. Being able to share my life with people who are so important to me, and who make me feel so loved and supported, is incredible. And it means even more to me now, after a year in Utah where I didn't know anyone, and missed my girl friends so much I cried about it every weekend for the first several months of living there. 

When I had my tarot reading a few months ago, I was told that three women would be helping me to heal in this tumultuous period of my life. But every single woman I love, far more than just three, has been there for me, healing me, and supporting me. I feel so lucky to know so many amazing women. Thank you all for being in my life! You know who you are.

No comments: