Friday, November 16, 2012

City of Bones


Turns out, when I have a new fandom, aka something to geek out over, it makes me really really happy. I was in such a good mood today thinking about coming home to this book! I was so eager, in fact, that I decided to skip outfit photos in favor of picking up the next two books in the series at Barnes & Noble. Oops? It is payday, though! What is payday without new books?

I'm a total sucker for YA fantasy romances, which is basically what I'm writing right now, except mine isn't YA. For some reason I thought City of Bones would be like... the demon hunter version of Twilight, but the writing is actually pretty good! Well, for YA anyway. When I laugh while reading it's because something funny happened, not because the writing is a disaster. Which is awesome! I mean, I'm only about a quarter of the way through this book so I can't provide a decent review (I will try to write one up when I'm finished), but so far I'm completely addicted!


Here's the trailer for the movie in case any of you haven't seen it. It's the reason I started these books (like when I read The Hunger Games because the trailer looked so cool), and based on the the cast, I think it's gonna RUUUULE! (I mean okay it might be super cheesy but you guys I will love it anyway that's just how I roll.) Has anyone read this series? What did you think? And NO SPOILERS please!

Now back to reading...


No comments: