Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Outfit no. 26

Skirt: Love Culture, cardi and necklace: F21, shoes: New Look (old), shirt: wholesale-dress.net, hat: H&M (old), earrings: Topshop, glasses: Ray-Ban

Okay! I'm back, wearing clothes and taking photos of myself in them. I don't know about you but I'm excited about this! Now, down to business. This skirt is a new one I picked up over the weekend with my mom, and since it fit well and I loved it, I bought it in black as well. The only minor problem is that it's a bit thin, and rather hugs my thighs and butt area? Also it sheds glitter everywhere, but that's not really a problem so much as slightly embarrassing -- I feel like a grumpy, sleep-deprived fairy sprinkling dust wherever I go. Regardless, I shall have to procure a slip for these skirts! Not that this is too big a hassle; I've been needing a slip for a while so now I have motivation to get one.

You probably hadn't noticed but I'm going to point it out to you: I got a haircut! Nothing major, just a few inches off and a bang trim. My locks were in dire need of a sprucing. Now I just have to retouch my roots, as they're really dreadfully brown and I look like a teen goth whose mom has decided not to let her buy anymore black hair dye.


Apologies for my awkward hand position in the above photo. Not sure what I was meant to be doing? I'm sure I wanted to look natural yet show off my rings in the photo but it ended up looking weird. As per usual. You'll also notice my thumb is completely torn up and gross. I pick at the skin around my fingers and it gets worse when they're dry, and when I'm stressed. Both are happening right now. Not sure why I'm stressed, but it likely has to do with 1) my dissertation grade (will go into that in a future post), and 2) a bunch of traveling I'll be doing in the next couple of months. Money, time off from work, etc. are all factors. It's stressing me out. But as Greg would say, "you're always stressed out." So this shouldn't be a change from the norm, and really, it isn't. I'm just complaining about it because it's giving me stomach aches and making my thumbs all gross. Well, more gross than normal.


No comments: