Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Outfit no. 25

Dress: wholesale-dress.net, cardi and necklace: F21, hat: H&M (old), shoes: c/o Sway Chic.

Okay! You should be able buy yourself the dress, cardi and shoes, thanks to my handy links above, if you're so inclined. Sadly I couldn't find the necklace; I found it on sale so it's probably not on the site anymore! Luckily they have about 5 billion more gold chain necklaces on the site and in store, so hopefully this is not too tragic. I mean really, what's the point of a style blog if not to be a glorified advertisement for clothes and accessories?

Speaking of which, I'm super happy to show off these new shoes from Swaychic.com, a fun California-based boutique that was nice enough to let me review them! I think they're amazing in that they go with everything (well, at least in my wardrobe), but after wearing basically this same outfit out on Saturday night with different shoes, I decided to try it with these for daytime. Perfect, in my opinion. Can I just wear this outfit every day, or...? I'm really loving the idea of maxi dresses for fall, since it's like wearing a built-in blanket all day! Sway Chic has a bunch of good maxi dresses I'd like to try, but my bank account is yelling at me after buying all these cardigans and things.


This cardigan is another new favorite for fall. It seems like Forever21 was exploding with cardigans when I went over the weekend, most of them cableknit! I love a good cableknit cardigan. I'm crossing my fingers that when my mom comes to visit this weekend (she arrives on Thursday, eeee!), we'll get to go shopping and then maybe we can be dorks and get matching cardis! When she came to visit me in Portland a couple Christmasses ago we definitely got the same dress in different colors. Ha! Back in high school I would have killed myself before wearing the same thing as my mom, but now it's super fun. I flipping cannot wait to see her! We're gonna get Thai food and drink hot toddies and bake. That's what I'm planning in my mind and she'd better be up for it. You reading this, Mom? BAKING.

I'm really excited to find out how today's election will pan out. It's always so close, but I have a feeling our man Barry will win out. I'm not opposed to discussing politics on my blog! What do you guys think? What do you want for the country, and why? I support Obama wholeheartedly, and honestly the social issues are what's most important to me -- women's rights, gay rights, etc. It's depressing that there are still candidates for president in 2012 who oppose a woman's right to choose, and the right for same sex couples to get married. Seriously guys what medieval dark age are you living in? I won't get into more of a rant than that, but those issues are what's important to me this time around. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! x


No comments: