Thursday, October 11, 2012

Outfit no. 11

Shorts, necklace, and jumper: F21; jacket: F21 (via eBay): belt: Primark, boots: River Island; glasses: Ray-Ban.

These boots served me well through a London winter, and they're looking pretty good, considering! I've definitely destroyed a pair of shoes or two simply by existing in London. I think it's impossible to maintain a spotless pair of shoes if you're going to live in London, even if you're doing minimal walking. I wasn't; I walked everywhere I couldn't reach by tube or bus, and pretty much all of central London is walkable, so my poor shoes took a beating in all that rainy weather. Yeah this is me showing off that I lived in London for a year. AND WHAT.

I guess it's fitting, though, considering my jumper. I bought it on sale while still in the UK, but my friend Lucy told me that only racists wore Union Jacks so I was scared to wear it! I'm pretty sure she was a bit off on that one, but my worst fear is looking like an idiot American abroad so I didn't wear it until I got back to the States. 

Now I plan to fill my life with Union Jacks and British things as much as possible! I miss the UK so much, and London in particular. It was such an amazing city and deciding to study there was the best thing I've ever done with my life so far. I say that a lot but it's so true! I'm still in disbelief that I did it!


Methinks this weekend I'm going to whip up a batch of pumpkin muffins, if I can find a spice cake mix on sale anywhere. We looked for some last weekend, and Walmart was sold out, and Smith's didn't even carry spice cake mix. What the what? Why do you hate America, Smith's? Anyway, if all goes according to plan, muffins are happening! MUFFINS.

And now it is time to level my priest with Greg, because our dates happen in Pandaria now.


No comments: