Friday, October 26, 2012

Outfit no. 19

Dress: New Look, cardi and necklace: Primark, shoes: c/o GoJane, glasses: Ray-Ban

I'm reaching the point where I'm utterly tired of my entire wardrobe. It's so frustrating. We've all been there, right? You have tons of clothes and you want nothing to do with any of it. Well, I tried to ~mix it up~ by wearing a dress that I usually reserve for special occasions (Christmas parties, book launches at the Groucho Club, Patrick Wolf concerts, etc.). I think it worked quite well! There's a super smexy cut-out criss-cross thingy going on in the back, but you can't see it because 1) it's cold, and 2) it's cold. There will be no cardi-removal on chilly afternoons.

The weather, I'm sorry to talk about it so much, but the weather is amazing in SLC right now. Amazing. I love my wet winters (holla Portland and London), but nothing beats a cold, crisp, dry autumn morning in my opinion. There was frost on the grass and trees until late morning, and the mountains are all dusted with snow. It makes me happy to be living somewhere with proper seasons again! Still, if I had my way, I'd always choose London weather over any other type.


Which reminds me, I was thinking the other day about British people and how they're always so downcast. A self-deprecating, grumpy, pessimistic lot, the British. And I thought: maybe they all have Seasonal Affective Disorder year 'round?? It makes sense! People in Seattle get all suicidal in the winter but they take vitamin D pills to fix it. Brits like to make fun of Americans for taking too many pills, but Brits! Look at yourselves! You're a dreary, moany lot of pale people on a foggy island. Take vitamin D! It will cheer you right up.

Seriously though I would love nothing more than to be just as rain-soaked and gloomy as the British. I hope, if you live in the UK and are reading this, that you realize how luck you are. You live in a magical world of fairies and hobbits AND I AM JEALOUS.

Okay, question: does anyone own the Vance by Blowfish? I'm thinking I'll probably buy a pair next paycheck, as they tick all my boxes for an everyday pair of black ankle boots for winter, but I just want to make sure they're comfy/easy to wear/cool/etc before I drop $70 on them. I know Blowfish fits me quite well and I love their shoes in general but I hate spending more than $30 on anything, so I'm hesitant!

Well that's all for me folks, have a wonderful weekend! Hopefully I will have pics of my badass Halloween costume to share next week! x





1 comment:

Sara said...

It's funny you say that because my father's parents were British and he is always so grumpy! Makes sense. I love the dress and giant sweaters were meant to be worn on frosty mornings! I love Michigan because we seemingly have normal seasons, but every once in awhile we get an 80 degree day in March. I live for snow though! BRING IT!