Thursday, October 4, 2012

Outfit no. 8

Dress and necklace: F21, socks: UO, hat: H&M, shoes: c/o Blowfish

I really do love the whole socks-with-sandals thing. I'm pretty sure it's so two years ago, but I don't care. I didn't have these shoes with me in London so I will get as much use out of this stale trend as I bloody well can!

I do need a new hat, though. Hats are like shoes -- they make the outfit. But I can't wear the same hat with everything, and leopard print beanies only go with so many looks (i.e. none). I'd like a nice burgundy bowler for fall, but we'll see if I can find one cheaper than this one from Topshop.  Topshop, whyyyy? Why are you so expensive.


Those are my earrings up close because, tragically, they didn't show up in any of the other photos. They're from Topshop. Figures.

I'm halfway through the second draft of my novel, which is exciting! It's hard to know if I'm making the right changes, and whether or not the story reads cohesively. I miss Matt's input! I'll have to force my close friends and family to read the second draft and give honest feedback. Editing is insane -- it's as though I'm expected to know what constitutes a good novel, and apply that to my own work! IMAGINE. ...Writing is hard.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute earrings. You're right about the hat though I don't wear them because I'd rather not chase them down the street. Love yours.